Junior Software Developer
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Vmo Solutions is a software development company specializing in IT products for the
aviation services industry. Vmo’s industry-disruptive software is currently helping
to optimize aircraft and crew resources, as well as creating safer, faster, and more
accurate flight planning for airlines.
Vmo is in search of an entry-level developer, looking to build upon their skills
while working alongside a team of highly skilled developers. As a Junior Software
Developer, you should be an aspiring software developer who is familiar with modern
web and cloud-based technologies. You are driven and take pride in the fact that you
will be developing a product to fill a major gap in the market. You will be
programming for mission-critical real-time systems, transforming the way airlines
What you’ll be doing:
What we are looking for:
- Assisting with developing core products and new product development
- Assisting in maintenance and support
- Creating test scripts to ensure products meet high standards for quality
- Following established practices and coding standards
Required tech experience or familiarity:
- BS/MS degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent industry
- Current with cloud-based technologies and distributed systems
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of data relationships
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- NodeJS/ React
- NoSQL/DocStore (MongoDB preferably)
- HTML 5/CSS/JSS
- AWS familiarity
- AWS – Serverless Framework
This is a full-time position based out of Vmo’s downtown Halifax office ( 1535 Dresden Row, Halifax, NS
), but working remotely until it is safe to return to the workplace.
Vmo provides its team members with competitive compensation, benefits, health &
wellness, or transportation allowances, as well as ample time off. Every day is
casual day in our modern office, with an endless supply of beverages and snacks.
Please submit your application including a cover letter and resume
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Junior Software Developer Application.
thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for
interviews will be contacted.